So this blouse is made from the Hot Patterns Classic Nouveau Fit To Be Tied Shirt pattern. I opted to do it without the ties . I wanted short sleeves, so I just cut them off at almost elbow length.
I just can’t bear to take the time to do a muslin version to adjust the fit–my sewing time is so limited. So I used $2 per yard clearance fabric I found at JoAnns. I think it said it was a cotton/poly lawn–it’s great for summer weather. I have read reviews of the pattern that said an FBA (full bust adjustment) wasn’t needed even though they need them for almost all patterns. This is one reason why I tried this blouse pattern.
This is the pattern. (I don’t have great camera skills, or a great camera, sorry about the poor picture quality.)
Photographing this blouse while wearing it was difficult. I don’t think any of the pictures do it justice. It actually looks quite nice. And even my mother was surprised when I said I made it!
As I said, they are the greatest pictures. And the blouse actually does look flattering on me in person. Next time I make this blouse, I’m going to make the collar smaller. I’m not sure if I will do full length sleeves because I don’t like to wear long sleeves. Even in the winter.
The skill level is listed as “intermediate” which I think is pretty accurate. It says things like, “attach collar.” So you need to have prior skills of that process. Same thing with the front button band.
Thanks for looking!